CSRA provides technical support services to the Office of Acquisition (OA) of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), the nation’s largest law enforcement agency. Experienced CSRA personnel enhance CBP’s proficiencies in Systems Engineering, Logistics & Sustainment, and Capabilities and Requirements Development to provide CBP’s agents along our borders with the most capable systems which can affordably be procured. The team provides engineering and analytical expertise across a wide range of disciplines, meeting all DHS Systems Engineering Life Cycle mandated planning analysis and documentation; provide a full spectrum of Integrated Logistics Support; development of Operational Requirements; and conduct Operational Test & Evaluation activities. We help CBP procure the equipment and technology needed to keep the border safe and secure.
Currently, we are seeking a Junior Communications Engineer in Crystal City, VA. The selected candidate must currently hold or be able to obtain a CBP Background Investigation Suitability clearance, per contract requirements.
So what is required of a Junior Communications Engineer on a day to day basis? There are quite a myriad of tasks and responsibilities, such as:
• Conduct various communication analysis including coverage analysis and link performance analysis for various communication systems.
• Support the spectrum planning and management for various systems.
• Conduct market research and technology assessment to provide recommendation on acquisition of communication systems.
• Conduct site surveys to support communication and sensor system deployments.
• Conduct modeling and simulation to predict system performance.
• Support other senior engineers in the field of sensors and M&S as needed.
• Keep abreast of communication and sensor technology development to support current and future acquisition programs.
Is this job the next step in your career? Are you ready to help keep America’s border safe?
As the largest pure-play IT services provider serving the U.S. government sector, CSRA is where you can come to be successful. Join a collaborative team, solving customer issues and accessing an array of resources for your success. Take advantage of tremendous opportunities as you help us chart our path to industry leadership, and tap into our collective 90+ year heritage. With combined FY15 revenues of approximately $5.5 billion and nearly 19,000 employees, CSRA represents the coming together – figuratively and literally – of two outstanding companies: the North American Public Sector business of CSC and SRA. Join us and watch your career take flight.
Is this role not perfect for you, but you’re still interested in learning more about what CSRA has to offer? We have other opportunities available as well! Visit this link to join our Talent Community today: https://csc.recsolucampus.com/candidatepreferenceform.php?formId=Zw==
BS or equivalent + 2 yrs related experience, or MS + 0 yrs experience
To qualify, you must meet these basic qualifications:
• BS or equivalent; EE degree preferred
• Proficient with MS Office suite
It would be great if you also had:
• Understanding of the telecommunications industry, technology trends, technology evolution, especially in the wireless/mobility sector.
• Understanding of RF fundamentals and Electromagnetic Theory
• Experience with designing, implementing and deploying wireless networks highly desired
• Experience with RF simulation (HTZ Warfare preferred) and GIS tools highly desired
• Experience with technologies like 3G, 4G LTE, WiFi, Microwave, Mesh Networks highly desired
Other qualifications include:
• Excellent verbal/written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Able to work in a team environment
CSRA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.