Our mission is to help people everywhere find a job and company they love. We are disrupting an industry by changing how people search for jobs and how companies recruit top talent.
We are embarking on a company-wide initiative to transform & re-build our enterprise voice, video & collaboration service and enable real time communications globally for all employees. The Unified Communications Engineer will be responsible for technical support and guidance on design, engineering, support, availability, and reliability of Glassdoors voice & video Infrastructure.
- Responsible for designing, testing, debugging, configuring, supporting, documentation, patching, and supporting audio, video and unified communications related solutions.
- Interface with vendors and act as a point of contact for audio, video and unified communications platforms, communicate functional and technical application requirements, manage vendor deliverables, install and configure purchased software packages, and perform necessary integration tasks.
- Work to improve the quality of existing video conference integrations and assist in the development of next generation video conference solutions.
- Provide third level support, including being on an on-call rotation during off hours, to diagnose audio, video and unified communications related issues and perform root cause analysis.
- Develop and maintain procedures and standards for team members and our support team
- Collaborate with first and second level support team and vendors on production system problems and communicate workarounds.
- 5+ years experience with global voice systems deployment and maintenance experience
- Proven ability to implement complex voice/video designs
- Project Management, People Management, Problem Solving, LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Networking Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning
- On-call rotation will be necessary
- Experience deploying and managing Blue Jeans is a big plus
- Experience with Polycom phone systems is a big plus
- Knowledge of one or more scripting languages is a big plus
- Strong teamwork, collaboration and communication skills
- Work with purpose join us in creating transparency for job seekers everywhere
- Glassdoor gives back! Glassdoor is a Pledge 1% member; all employees receive 3 paid volunteer days per year
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage; 85% dependent coverage
- Equity in a late stage startup backed by top-tier VCs
- Sunny & peaceful Mill Valley offices located right on the water
- Walking, running and biking trails steps away from the office
- Onsite gym and fitness classes
- Free catered lunch; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time off
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Dog-friendly office (with dog-free zones if you are so inclined)
- Free parking
Glassdoor is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. Glassdoor is an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.