To plan, organize, develop, and direct our facility’s security programs in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations to assure that resident and employee safety can be maintained through appropriate security measures.
- Must have, at a minimum, a high school diploma, or its equivalent. Courses in security and law enforcement preferred.
- Must have, at a minimum, two years security experience; must have training in security procedures.
- Must be a supportive team member, contribute to and be an example of team work and team concept.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant; must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of laws, regulations, and guidelines pertaining to hospital and nursing home security.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Displays high standards of honesty and forthrightness in all relationships; safeguards the reputation of the company.
- Must be well groomed and have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents and staff.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Accumulate, maintain and provide statistics as directed.
- Perform administrative requirements as needed.
- Maintain records that reflect the facility’s security projections and programs.
- Represent the facility at and participate in meetings as required.
- Develop methods for coordinating security services and other departments.
- Participate in planning the security budget as directed.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel, as well as other departments within the facility to assure that security procedures meet the needs of the facility.
- Interpret security policies and procedures to personnel as necessary.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis as well as a calm environment throughout the facility.
- Notify appropriate department when special security instructions are received regarding the facility, personnel, equipment, etc.
- Ensure weapons handling training is scheduled/conducted as required.
- Ensure that all secured areas are marked with easy identification so that all personnel, residents and visitors shall immediately recognize them.
- Assure that necessary personnel are available to perform authorized security services.
- Assure that all storage areas are properly secured at all times.
- Recruit, select and train competent security personnel as directed.
- Conduct departmental performance evaluations and make recommendations to the administrator concerning wage and salary adjustments, hiring, terminations, transfers, etc.
- Develop and implement procedures for the safe operation of security equipment and supplies.
- Ensure security procedures are followed in all areas of the facility at all times.
- Performs other related assignments as required.