onXmaps is looking for a talented Java engineer to join our mobile team. If you’re passionate about taking our mobile GPS experience to the next level, we want you.
- We enhance outdoor experiences with mobile mapping and GPS technology.
- We want to dominate the mobile GPS space.
- We love solving difficult problems - mobile mapping technology has no shortage of fun challenges.
- We enjoy working with happy, talented engineers.
- We believe in moving fast and providing immediate business value.
- We believe in building robust, scalable and extensible systems.
- Scalability is in our DNA.
- You believe that your profession is a craft and you’re driven to get better every day.
- You have a strong computer science foundation.
- You know your data structures and you know when to use them.
- You write great code - sounds obvious but you’d be surprised.
- You want to work with happy, talented engineers.
- You are (or want to become) an exceptional Android developer.
- You get stuff done.
- You take ownership.
- You’re fun to work with.
What You’ll Do
You will help us drive the future of the onXmaps experience. We are looking for an engineer able to roll their sleeves up and get some stuff done. We expect you to be a leader in your domain. You’ll share ownership of the mobile platform with your team. Together, we’ll define the future of the onXmaps mobile experience.
While we would prefer if you lived in Bozeman or Missoula, we will also consider remote U.S. employees.
Technologies You’ll Use
Java, Kotlin, Git / Github, Travis CI, Retrofit, ArcGIS Android SDK (for now). Lots of SQLite for local storage. A RESTful API for pretty much everything server related.