Ignite your career where the future of braking and vehicle safety systems is being shaped. High-potential engineering graduates can pursue full-time employment in our exciting new Engineering Development Program – a three-year rotational experience offering a dynamic mix of domestic and international high-impact assignments, diverse exposure to cutting-edge technologies, mentoring from Bendix engineering leaders, and participation in an advanced engineering curriculum. The EDP offers you the chance to see, firsthand, our groundbreaking ideas and innovative solutions. You will graduate with the confidence and technical ability to create our next generation of products designed with the customer in mind. Please note these opportunities will be available in July 2017.
Must currently be enrolled and earning a four year undergraduate degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering to qualify!
Must be a current US Citizen. Not open to International students.
Rotational Assignments May Include:
- Advanced product concept R&D
- Systems development & test simulation design (Electronic/Mechanical Systems Prototyping/Input Signals/Digital Control Architecture/Signal Output Conditioning/GUI & Display Systems)
- Product validation and troubleshooting in laboratory and vehicle environments
- Oversee inventory, assembly and coordination of testing with technicians
- Current product support, troubleshooting, debug, and root cause analysis
- Software algorithm/HW validation using software/hardware-in-the-loop technologies
- Product phase reviews, product DFMEAs, project management
- Special braking systems and component integration design
- Materials analysis and testing
- Electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic circuit modeling and systems analysis
- Product application development, road test and customer demos
- Manufacturing and supply base process support
- Front line supervision
- Assist in translating customer requirements into new products
- Oral and written communication of analytic results and creation of formal test reports
Knowledge & Skills Development through Curriculum and Rotational Assignments:
- Development & analysis tools – MATLAB, Simulink, LabVIEW, Logic Analyzer, Data Loggers, Signal Generators, CAN-based Software Tools - Canalyzer, ETAS, dSPACE AutomationDesk
- Design Tools – PLM, CAD, CAE
- Methods – FMEA, Six Sigma, Hardware/Software-in-Loop Testing, GD&T, Instrumentation
- Computer Language – C, C++, C#, Java, HTML, Visual Basic
- Computer Operating Systems – Linux, Macintosh, Windows
- Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, VISIO
- Language – English. German & Spanish an asset
- Hands on skills with electrical/mechanical tools, shop equipment, and commercial vehicles
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Mechatronics, Systems Design; or Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited college or university with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Previous relevant engineering internship, co-op or work experience
- Strong communication, teamwork, leadership skills
- Aspirations to become a future engineering technical leader/SME
- Active involvement in your own career development to date (e.g. networking, seminars, and an active member of SAE, ASME, IEEE, etc.) is highly desired
- Flexibility to work across multiple engineering disciplines
- Global mobility. The flexibility to relocate to any Bendix location across rotations and upon completion of the program
Candidates that are US Citizens and do not need sponsorship are preferred!