For Today’s Scholars – Tomorrow’s Global Visionaries
The Academies of Math & Science are seeking highly motivated and intelligent teachers who are passionate about making a difference in students’ lives! We love experienced teachers, but even more so, we prefer the most motivated and brightest teachers, regardless of their experience level. Our district and teachers serve a population with more than 75% of students in low-income households. Our statement of impact is simple and bold: to put a college prep school in every community in the nation!
For the 2016-2017 academic school year: We are seeking a dedicated middle school language arts teacher to start immediately for our MASSA campus in Tucson, Arizona.
We are ranked among the highest performing schools in Arizona with 15 years of proven results. Our flagship school, the Academy of Math & Science (AMS), was named the 2016 AZ Charter School of the Year, and has been ranked the #1 Title I school in Arizona serving grades K-8 (out of 293 such schools).
You could be our next great teacher!
Our teachers answer these questions with an emphatic “YES!”
- Are you fiercely dedicated to helping at-risk students forge their way to a college education?
- Do you believe that there are no limits to how much you can improve in the art and science of teaching?
- Do you believe that setting high expectations for students (academically and behaviorally) sets them up for success?
- Do you believe in the importance of a balanced education with a STEM focus in addition to arts, humanities, and character development?
Required Qualifications :
- A bachelor’s degree or higher
- Prior experience in working with children
- Charter school teachers ARE NOT required to be certified, but are required to be highly qualified in their grade level or subject
- Competitive salaries and bonus pay
- Paid sick days and personal leave
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Medical and dental plan options
- Retirement plan with district contributions
- District-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance
- District-paid life insurance
Professional and Supportive Culture
We value feedback from every member of our team. We believe that every obstacle is an opportunity to grow and succeed in bigger and better ways. Our experience is that great people make great organizations – an amazing system, manual, and curriculum can only succeed with an amazing team to drive it forward. Our teachers participate in comprehensive new teacher induction, regular follow-up coaching, and professional development in order to cultivate a collaborative working environment.
Career Potential: We are growing!
We’ve expanded by 1000 students in the last 4 years. In the next 3-5 years, we will expand by another 3000 students. To meet the needs of at-risk Arizona communities, we need an average of 50 additional teachers a year. We love to promote from within, and have a consistent need for lead teachers, instructional coaches, school leaders, and back office staff to support our growth.
Interested in working with us?
Apply on this page or through the job descriptions on our website. Please include a detailed resume demonstrating your experience and accomplishments and a cover letter or writing sample on the topic of your choice (can be something previously written for school or work).
Check out our website and feel free to email us with any questions. We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33,000.00 to $51,000.00 /year