The Merryhill Elementary School in Roseville is hiring a part-time teacher to support children in small group instruction in reading and math during our summer camp program from June 5 - August 4. Hours are 8:00am- 12:00pm (Mon., Wed., Thur., Fri.). with potential for extended hours from time to time. We offer an academic component to our summer camp for students who need to keep the acadmeic momentum going. This is not meant to be remedial instruction.
We are currently looking for a caring and energetic teacher, or someone currently in a credentialing program, to join our team for the summer. This position could lead to a full-time position for the 17-18 school year as positions open. If you have a passion for working with children, work collaboratively, and want to learn and grow, we want you to be a part of our team.
- Create and deliver lesson plans for small groups of students in grades 1-2 and 3-5, in reading and math.
- Maintain an educational, safe, and healthy environment.
- Execute effective classroom management.
- Participate collaboratively and professionally with other faculty and staff to promote the well-being of the students.
- Communicate with parents regarding academic work and/or behavior issues.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Obtains or is working toward a teacher credential.
- Some teaching experience preferred.
- Exhibits strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency with technology.